Thursday 16 December 2010

Let There Light/Lies



Okay, so you've been lied to...
Right off the bat I'll come clean and say you have been lead here under false pretenses by a title concocted in a smirking homage to Steven Hawking.
Nothing more clever than the fact it sounded kind of catchy and I could childishly play around with Photoshop to get some images of him throwing the horns, which as of yet I haven't bothered with... watch this space when I run out of things to say.

Seriously though this is not Brief, nor is it a History of Metal in so much as I am not going to just endless regurgitate stuff from books and Wikipedia; this is a slanted view on the music that I have loved ever since I was 10 years old and someone gave me a recorded 90 minute tape of Iron Maiden. Where ever this ends up - sometimes a historical perspective, sometimes a review of something new that has caught my ear or just ramblings, this is as much my journey through music as it is Heavy Metal's.

So read on if you fancy, I make no apology for my opinions and you are welcome to comment on anything you disagree with, just know that in my world... I'm still right.
The demise of my favourite Metal related blog Metal Inquisition (okay it's not dead but it's on life support in danger of flatlining) left a hole that cannot be filled so I thought fuck it, I do it myself.
Probably without the humour.

You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment